The number of nodes (or bits) that can be captured continuously with one single capture unit is function of the following parameters:
– The number of transceivers used to extract data : LinkNr – 1 to 4.
– The line rate (or ‘data rate’) : LinkDR – this parameter depends on the transceiver reference clock frequency and is chosen when setting up EXOSTIV IP – up to 12.5 Gbps.
– The frequency of the clock used for sampling the nodes from the FPGA: fSampling
– The fact that we use 98% of the bandwidth of each link for data.
– The grouping of data per 16 bits per link< /strong> in EXOSTIV IP.
As a result, the number of bits (NrOfBits) that can be continuously sampled with a capture unit without creating overflows can be computed as follows: