Choosing the ideal FPGA prototype for ASIC and SoC design – White Paper.

In the 2020 edition of the Wilson Research Group Verification Survey, Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Business, shows that at least 30% of all respondents designing ASIC or SoC declare using FPGA prototyping, no matter the size of the chip being designed. Among the respondents, about 80% map their ASIC onto less than 4 FPGAs with the remaining 20% using more than 5 – and sometimes more than 40 FPGA chips in the largest cases! More than ever, FPGA prototyping is an important part of the ASIC and SoC design.

As always, thank you for reading.
– Frederic