‘Burst to Probe’ and ‘Stream to Probe’ are the 2 ‘Transfer Mode’ options available from EXOSTIV Analyzer to capture data.
Burst to Probe mode:
– Uses the capture unit FIFO to pre-store bursts of data.
– Waits until the transceivers are ready to transmit data to EXOSTIV Probe
– Defines capture sizes up to the size of the capture unit FIFO in powers of 2 (min. 32).
Hence, using ‘Burst to Probe’ limits the size of the capture but won’t create overflow.
Stream to Probe mode:
– Uses the capture unit FIFO as a simple buffer.
– Transmits data to EXOSTIV Probe in a round-robbin scheme.
– Defines any capture/burst size (up to the limit of the external EXOSTIV Probe memory allocated to the capture unit (1 / nr of capture units).